“Infertility is a symptom of underlying disease. The diseases that cause infertility have a “two-pronged” effect. They not only hinder the functioning of fertility, but they also cause both short and long-term health problems. The persistent unwillingness to address infertility problems from this point of view or perspective is one of the major flaws in the current approach to the treatment of infertility.” – FertilityCare Centers of America
What is NaPro Technology?
Short for “Natural Procreative Technology,” NaPro is “a new women’s health science that monitors and maintian’s a woman’s reproductive and gynocological health. It provides medical and surgical treatments that cooperate completely with the reproductive system.” More information can be found here.
What You Should Know About NaPro
- NaPro Medical Consultants are doctors who are specifically trained to read Creighton charts.
- The goal of treating patients with NaPro is to identify and treat underlying causes of reproductive health issues.
- NaPro provides physicians with clearly defined protocols for surgeries and other invasive treatments and procedures; often typical fertility “treatments” can cause further harm to the reproductive system.
- In addition to leading the way in infertility treatment, NaPro can effectively diagnose and addresses a variety of other issues, including repetitive miscarriage, PMS, irregular bleeding, infections and many other reproductive issues.
- Diagnosis and treatment may come slowly for some couples because of the potential complexity of identifying underlying issues. For others, it may be a simple fix. One couple I know achieved pregnancy with a month of receiving NaPro treatment after having tried for years.
- The same variance that exists among different professionals within any field also exists amongst NaPro Medical Consultants. Some patients choose to go directly to Dr. Hilgers in Omaha for treatment for this and other reasons. Read more here.
- While sub-fertility is often misunderstood as infertility, true infertility does exist. Even after receiving NaPro treatment, there remains a percentage of couples who will not go on to conceive.
- Before pursuing treatment with a NaPro Medical Consultant, clients must learn the Creighton system of charting and have 2 complete months of charting completed (a period of abstinence is typically requiring during this learning phase).
- Charting cycles with any method of NFP, or FAM, can provide additional, concrete insight into a woman’s reproductive health.